Sunday, June 05, 2011

Cats and Food

Juliet likes sleeping on top of the clothes-drying rack.  This is how she looks from underneath.

Yesterday I went with Sue, Julie, and Dave to True Bistro, a vegan place in Somerville.  Above, Julie and Dave look serious.

Sue's hand gestures are echoed by the gentleman at the next table.  How artistic is that!

A salad with farro, which tasted something like barley.  Nice presentation.

Wilted spinach, smoked tofu, pecans, cranberries, red onion, balsamic vinegar.  The smoked tofu had a meaty taste reminiscent of bacon.

Housemade spaghettini, smoked tofu, English peas, blanched almonds, cream sauce.  I liked this; Julie didn't love it.

Cornmeal-crusted oyster mushrooms, horseradish/dill aioli.  You can't go wrong with fried stuff!

Black bean and plantain torte, salsa verde and sour cream. (I think I got that right.)
I generally think of vegan diets as very restrictive, but the True Bistro makes great use of plant foods.  I could be vegan, if I could eat stuff like this every day.

No comments: